1. David J. Panzl, General Electric Co. Automatic Software Test Drivers. Computer, April
1978, pp. 44-50.
2. Mike Lutz, Rochester Institute of Technology. Testing Tools. IEEE Software, May 1990,
3. Tsun S. Chow. Tutorial Software Quality Assurance-- a practical approach. IEEE Computer
Society Press, pp. 270-275.
4. VAX DEC/Test Manager Quick Reference Guide: Techniquical manual.AA-Z332D-TE.
Digitalequipment corporation. May 1989.
5. Howden, W.E. A functional approach to program testing and analysis. IEEE Transactions on
Software Engineering. 1986, SE12, No 10, pp. 997-1005.
6. Miller, E.and Howden, W.E. Software testing and validation techniques. IEEE computer
society press. 1981.
7. Jason Su and Paul R. Ritter, Experience in Testing the Motif Interface. IEEE Software,
March 1991. pp. 26-33.
8. Sturmer, B.and Stuckman W. A Survey of Software Testing Approaches and a Proposal for
an Automated Method for Practical Applications. Agnew. Inf. 1986 October,
with five fields separated by space.
2. The testing function ?test_locate_instance? is used to verify the adding result. The ?test_locate_instance? will be run on machine ?hawksnest? then on ?jefferson?.
3.The same instance is deleted from machine ?hawksnest?.
4.The testing function ?test_print_instance? is employed to verify the deleting result. It will be run on machine ?hawksnest? then on ?jefferson?.
5. Repeat test case 1~ 4, only change the machine from ?hawksnest? to ?jefferson?.
In this simple testing example, two testing functions are invoked on two different machines. After each testing function is invoked, the verification function is executed on two machines to check the testing result. So there are totally four testing functions and eight verification functions are executed.